“TEENAGE PREGNANCY: ITS EFFECT ON EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT OF STUDENTS AND OUT-OF-SCHOOL YOUTH IN MARAMAG, BUKIDNON “
This study is aimed to look into the effects of teenage pregnancy to the educational development of students and out-of-school youth in Maramag, Bukidnon. Particularly it aims to answer the following problems.
1. What is the demographic profile in terms of age, age when pregnant, educational attainment, status, type of school attended and economic background of the respondents.
2. What are the causes of teenage pregnancy among the students and out-of-school youth in Maramag, Bukidnon.
3. Is there a significant difference on the educational development of teenage pregnancy when grouped according to age, educational attainment , status, type of school attended and economic background of the respondents.
4. Which among the causes of teenage pregnancy effects most to students and out-of-school youth in Maramag, Bukidnon.
The following null- hypotheses were formulated to guide the study:
1. There is no significant difference on the educational development of teenage pregnancy when grouped according to age, educational attainment, status, type of school attended, and economic background.
2. The causes of teenage pregnancy has no significant effect on the educational development of students and out-of-school youth in Maramag, Bukidnon.
Significance of the Study
The study will conducted to find out the extent of how extreme is the effect of the major causes of teenage pregnancy to the educational development of students and out-of-school youth in Maramag, Bukidnon. The result of this study is beneficial to students and out-of-school youth, to the parents, teachers, to the community, school administrators, researchers and other interested individuals because this can serve as empirical data where suggestion of minimizing teenage pregnancy in the community can be taken.
The study will also benefit students who still are at school because it will give them information about the cause and possible effects of teenage pregnancy to their studies once they got pregnant. In one way or in another this paper will guide them to focus first their attention to their studies rather than giving priority to their romantic affairs with boyfriends.
The study will also benefit the out-of-school youth to be aware of not getting pregnant at teens for the big chance at them to go back school or to be enrolled in ALS (Alternative Learning System), for the none high school graduate.
This study will also benefit the parents to enable them to realize their great role in educating their teenagers, protecting and diverting them from indulging early sex especially if without marriage. They must be aware too of what kind of peers their teenagers have. This study too will make the parents aware that education about the use of contraceptives will start also at home.
This study will also benefit the teachers for they could be informed how important is education to the development of children to manhood. This enables them to guide and identify the major causes of teenage pregnancy especially in Maramag, Bukidnon. Then and there they would intensify their functions to counter those causes by diversity The interest of teenage in engaging early sex and if ever teenagers are already fall of indulging sex both boys and girls, then contraceptives will play on this to prevent teenage pregnancy.
This study will also benefit school administrators. It would provide them information of the importance of knowing the major factors behind early pregnancy and the possible effects on educational development of teenagers. It’s one way that administrators will intensify sex education on their school, improve the knowledge of their faculties or teachers through seminars so that they can deal well with students to avoid pregnancy at early age. And truncate if it not half way to the learners to be effective and to be understood. The researcher hoped that the result of this study would also would also be a great help to future researchers and to all people who are interested to know more about teenage pregnancy on their causes and the possible effects on their educational development.
Chapter I – Statement of the Problem;
Chapter I – Null Hypothesis;
Chapter I – Significance of the Study;
Chapter I – Conceptual Framework;
Chapter I – Independent and Dependent Variables;
Chapter I- Scope and Delimitation
Chapter I- Definition of Terms