1.1 Rationale: The formulation of this Local Shelter Plan is a joint undertaking between the Municipality of Titay and the housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council Region IX . This plan was evolved pursuant to the law that all must have a shelter plan and this plan must be incorporated in the comprehensive Land Use Plan. rationale
Shelter planning has primarily been the responsibility of national government agencies until the passage of the Local Government Code of 1991 (Republic Act 7160) and the Urban Development and Housing Act of 1992 also known as Republic Act 7279.
Added to these two laws are two other related and more recent issuances. The Climate Change Act of 2009 (Republic Act 9279) which provides the legal platform for Philippine local governments to observe good practices and pursue innovations on climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction, and The Disaster Risk Reduction Act of 2010 ( Republic Act 10121) which upholds the people’s constitutional rights to life and property by addressing the root causes of vulnerabilities to disasters, strengthening the country constitutional capacity for disaster risk reduction and management and building the resilience of local communities to disasters including climate change impacts.
With the passage of these laws more responsibilities were passed to the LGUs pertaining to land use, housing and infrastructure development in their respective localities. As such, the LGUs will become the principal implementing body with regard to addressing shelter needs.
1.2 Vision: Titay Envision to be a growth center of Rubber base producing municipality of the province and a progressive peaceful self sufficient and God centered community with empowered healthy people supporting of committed and responsible governance for a balance development.
- To provide decent affordable and ciliate change adaptive shelter that has adequate facilities towards of a livable and socially residential.
- To institutionalize the mechanism to implement the municipality of Titay, ZSP shelter Plan and other related programs, projects and activities.
- To develop 09 hectares of land for housing and resettlement beginning 2016 until 2025;
- To reduce the doubled-up households by 14 units (annually) between 2016 and 20118;
- To reduce the displaced households by 1,064 between 2016_and 2025;
- To bring down the number of households needing land tenure upgrading by 87 units (annually) from 2016 and 2018;
- To maintain access roads to all barangays) from 2016_and 2025.
- To maintain existing drainage system to entire municipality from 2016_and 2025 To provide access to power and connect 38 households (annually) from 2016 and 2018;
- To upgrade / provide access to potable water to 34 households (annually) from 2016_and 2018;
- To upgrade / provide sanitation facility to 1,807 households (annually) from 2016_and 2018.
- To ensure proper garbage disposal of all households ;
- To facilitate access to employment and income generating activities of 3,636 household-beneficiaries .
1.5 Target Population. The target population that the LSP addresses constitute the backlog households, and households due to the future need.
Target Population subject for the 10 year shelter plan are those backlog having 1,064 HH’s found along national highway affected with road widening, 28 HH as computed and resulted from double up or HHs sharers, 0 (Zero ) HH from the homeless and the future need having 2,544 HH due to population growth which made up of 3,636 households as the target population and considered as informal settlers from year 2016 to 2025.
The informal settlers are the primary beneficiary of the municipal government shelter program and so far, majority of them have marginal and informal sources of income.
|Household Affected due to the ff:||No. of House Hold(HH)|
|1.Duoble up (.27% of House Hold)||28|